Glean Notetaking Software
DSS provides Glean Software to students who are approved of the notetaking assistance accommodation.
Glean is a comprehensive note taking software that can be used online or offline to record audio notes. It allows you to annotate different parts of the recording during instruction or after class. For every class meeting recorded, both audio and text (transcription) are available for review. Glean also offers mobile apps for those who’d like to use their phones to capture the audio and access the recordings anytime.
Eligible students who would like to use Glean, please send an email to [email protected] to request a license. Once verified, a sign-up invite will be sent to your GW email account.
To access Glean:
- On a computer, log into Glean via a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser.
- On a phone, download Glean Notes through the App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android).
Before using Glean, please review this tutorial.
- Sitting as close to the person speaking is the simplest way to improve the audio being captured.
- Glean does have inbuilt Audio Clean-up tools that can help improve the intelligibility of the audio. You can access these by clicking the '1x' next to the play button. There are more details about the options here.
- If the audio quality still is not satisfactory, considering using an external USB mic, like the Samson GO, would improve the quality as it can be directed at the person speaking.
Glean Support & Resources
- Glean Skills Portal hosts short how-to videos to demonstrate the use of different features.
- Guides and White Papers cover a wide range of topics that you may be interested in, from organizing the notes, refining the notes, to integrated platforms.
- Sign up for the 20-minutes long Glean Live Tutorial offered regularly
- For troubleshooting and technical support: